Prairie Village Dojo
Our Prairie Village Dojo is located at 8227 Corinth Mall in the heart of the Corinth Square Shopping Center in Prairie Village, Kansas. The area has some of the coolest restaurants, shops and services that Kansas City offers, including the world-famous Mission Road Antique Mall. In 2016, Prairie Village was recognized as the second-safest city in Kansas and the smartest city in Kansas, and we’re happy our Prairie Village Self-Defense Studio is located here. If you are on the Kansas side, our Prairie Village dojo is for you. This United Studios of Self Defense (USSD) Kansas City location offers cardio kickboxing exclusively, so come by and try a class today! We can’t wait to see you at our Prairie Village Dojo! Call us at 913.649.4422 or click for a FREE LESSON.
All our USSD Prairie Village Self-Defense Studio instructors have completed a rigorous training program through the Martial Arts Academy. In addition to regularly participating in ongoing training, they must also complete an annual re-certification process to continue teaching. Teaching martial arts is not just a hobby for our USSD Kansas City instructors – it is their passion and full-time profession. At the same time, they are also students, continuously striving to improve their skills and expand their knowledge. The instructors here at the Prairie Village Self-Defense Studio invite you to come and experience martial arts in Prairie Village!
STARS AND STRIPES PROGRAM
USSD Kansas City offers all of our students ages 14 and under the opportunity to participate in our Stars and Stripes Program!
How it works:
- Once a month (typically the last week of the month) during regular class times, we will be going over the material that each student needs for their next rank.
- When the student knows all the basics (kicks, punches, blocks, etc.) for their rank, they will receive their first stripe to place on their belt and a star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all the defensive maneuvers (DMs) for their rank, they will receive a second stripe to place on their belt and a second star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all the forms for their rank, they will receive a third stripe and a third star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all of the kempos for their rank and has all three stripes on their belt, the next step is to practice! practice! practice! before the sensei invites them to test for their next belt!