Our Lenexa Dojo is located at 14920 W. 87th St. Parkway in Lenexa, Kansas. Just like Lenexa itself, our dojo was designed with the family in mind! Known for its many family-focused festivals, Lenexa is a fast-growing suburb with a small-town feel and beautiful parks. Our Lenexa Self-Defense Studio sits across the street from one of them, Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park. If you live near Lenexa and are looking for a fun activity that your entire family will enjoy for years to come, our Lenexa Self-Defense Studio is for you. We can’t wait to see you and your family at our Lenexa Dojo! Call us at 913.283.7844 or click for a FREE LESSON.
All our United Studios of Self Defense (USSD) Lenexa Self-Defense Studio instructors have completed a rigorous training program through the Martial Arts Academy. In addition to regularly participating in ongoing training, they must also complete an annual re-certification process to continue teaching. Teaching martial arts is not just a hobby for our USSD Kansas City instructors – it is their passion and full-time profession. At the same time, they are also students, continuously striving to improve their skills and expand their knowledge. The instructors here at the Lenexa Self-Defense Studio invite you to come and experience martial arts in Lenexa. Bring the entire family!
STARS AND STRIPES PROGRAM
USSD Kansas City offers all of our students ages 14 and under the opportunity to participate in our Stars and Stripes Program!
How it works:
- Once a month (typically the last week of the month) during regular class times, we will be going over the material that each student needs for their next rank.
- When the student knows all the basics (kicks, punches, blocks, etc.) for their rank, they will receive their first stripe to place on their belt and a star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all the defensive maneuvers (DMs) for their rank, they will receive a second stripe to place on their belt and a second star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all the forms for their rank, they will receive a third stripe and a third star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all of the kempos for their rank and has all three stripes on their belt, the next step is to practice! practice! practice! before the sensei invites them to test for their next belt!